Monday, February 05, 2007

Asas Family Conference


January 24-27, Asas de Socorro had their family conference. We had a wonderful time together with lectures in the mornings and free-time every afternoon and evening. There was a wonderful lady who took care of the children during the mornings and they had their own time of growth around the theme of Psalms 119:11. Even little Maira memorized the whole verse! The conference was in Caldas Novas, a hot spring town about 2 hours from Anápolis, so the afternoons and evenings were spent in the warm water pools chatting with everyone! Maira was still taking antibiotics and recovering from pneumonia, so I had to be firm with naptime and bedtime schedules. I was just so happy that we could go and the doctor gave me strict instructions to not let Maira play in the hot sun for very long, not to put her head under water in the pools, and not to let her go in the pools at night. Maira knew the rules and had no trouble with them. It was so fun to be able to relax and talk with the other missionaries in the mission during these days! So often we work together daily but we don't have the time to casually talk and just have fun! The speaker for the conference was excellent and challenged us individually and also as a mission. I was particularly challenged by the lecture he gave on not giving up on the dreams that God has given us and he used the story of Hannah as his reference. I have several dreams that I have not fulfilled, so I am praying for God to show me if these dreams are mine or His!

No comments: