Monday, December 24, 2007

Poliana is out of the hospital!

I found out on Saturday morning that Poliana was allowed to leave the hospital! We are so happy and relieved that she will be with a family in a home for Christmas. The judge had actually sent her to the Indian House, which is not a good place to be if you are a woman or a child. Happily, she only spent about 4 hours there because Patricia was able to get guardianship of her. Patricia has resigned from her mission in order to ask for custody and she told me on Saturday that she is now hoping to adopt Poliana herself. This was hard to hear, but I have feared this all along. Patricia has certainly cared for her as a mother and has made many sacrifices for her. I am not sure, however, what we will do at this point. Although I don't want to take Poliana away from Patricia, I also worry about the fact that Patricia is a single lady who is already in the process of adopting a 2 month old, and she now has no job since she left the mission. Her sending church has told her that they support her in her decision and that they will continue to support her, but I can't help but wonder for how long. So, please pray with us for wisdom.

No comments: