Monday, November 13, 2006

Another "Mini" Project under my belt!

I am in the process of changing the name....I don't like the name "Mini" Project! There is nothing "mini" about souls being saved! Not to mention that we are expanding with each project, so what is "mini" about that? This project was in a poorer neighborhood of Anápolis. In the morning we had free pap-smears offered, free vacinations for children, free HIV tests, floride treatments, haircuts, a talk on drugs, and door-to-door evangelism. In the afternoon we had the children's program, more haircuts, a talk on child-rearing, games and hip-hop for youth, and more door-to-door evangelism. As soon as it got dark we showed the film "Help" in the middle of the street beside the church. There were 39 haircuts during the whole day, 150 children in the program, and 109 people watching the film at night. There were 15 names added to the Book of Life and many seeds were planted! I only have one complaint....now that I am coordinating these projects, I don't get the contact with the people or the kids! I am stuck with putting out fires and making sure everything comes together. I could go on and on with all the frustrations that I experienced in being responsible for this project, but the rewards outweigh them every time. Of course, I see this much clearer once the project is over! (smile) I must tell you that the kids in general where the most rebellious kids I have encountered so far. I had to kick out 3 of them from the children's program for refusing to cooperate. Even the 1-3 year olds had attitude! Anyway, hope you enjoy the pictures! Thank you so much for your prayers!

No comments: