Saturday, March 08, 2008

Clube da Luluzinha

The bi-weekly meeting of the ladies of Asas is called the "Clube da Luluzinha". We had our first meeting of the year this Thursday at my house. 20 of us managed to squeeze into the dinning room and living room. In the past, Keila and I planned all of the meetings, but this year I am trying something new. I have asked that each of them take a turn to be responsible for a meeting and that they have the freedom to do whatever they want during their meeting. I still have 4 dates to fill in, but I think I just need to put a little pressure on some of them! This week we played some "get to know each other" games since we had 7 new ladies. Then we had a devotional about being purposeful in our days, making goals and planning out the steps to meeting those goals. The devotional was given by Ester, who is responsible for the department that organizes the clinics. And to finish up the afternoon, we made dish clothes. I wasn't able to finish mine, so I'll have to post a picture of it later! I had to assist some on the sewing machine and that is sorta like the blind leading the blind! Good thing we only had to sew straight lines! Here are some pictures of the group:





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How fun to not only recognize the place but also some of the women in the photos! Your plan to share the responsibility for the meetings is a great one! I don't know how you handle all you do - I'm a bit concerned for you! Looking forward to your time in the US - Mom VB