Sunday, March 30, 2008

Maira is 5 years old!

Yep, my baby turned 5 years old on March 27! She wanted an Ariel Birthday party (Little Mermaid), so I did some idea searching on the Internet for some fun things to do. The invitations were in a plastic bag with sand and glitter and shape confetti. At the party we had sand play dough, a sandbox, bubbles, a "throw the ball through the mouth of the fish" game, and a treasure hunt. I gave the girls big pink flowers to wear in their hair and flower necklaces. The boys got pirate patches and a red sash to wear. We had 16 kids here plus some parents. We were so thankful for a nice, sunny day and Maira was thrilled with her party. I had to remind her to stop inviting people because for a week she kept inviting just about anyone who stopped in front of her long enough to start a conversation! I was getting worried about how I would feed them all! :) Now for some pixs...
The cups have jello in them with gummy fish in it and whipped cream on top



The pirate boys....so scary!

Can you see the ball going through the mouth of the fish??? Good picture taking Steve!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Happy Birthday Maira!!! From Jenny and Laney and the rest of us!! Good job on the party Kris, way to incorporate boys into a princess party!! Laney's birthday is Monday but we had a surprise girls party last Friday with a sleepover. I am glad I am done with all that hard work!!! Thanks for sharing your lives with us