Friday, April 06, 2007

Happy 4th Birthday Maira!

For months Maira talked about having a mermaid party for her birthday, but 3 weeks before the party she told me she wanted a frog birthday. I waiting another week to see if she would change her mind again, but she was very sure that she wanted a frog theme. I made origami frogs with a note tied to the body saying that we were "jumpig for joy that Maira was turning 4" and inviting her friends to "jump on over" to our house for a party. Then I started to look for frogs in the 1.99 stores! I found an example of a frog cake on the internet and decided to try to make it. Maira LOVED it and it didn't taste too bad either!


Here is the party table...the little dark things in plastic sacks are frog shaped glicerine soaps that I made for everyone.
And of course I needed to paint Maira's nails green to match everything at the party!


Here are Maira and her friends wearing the frog hats that I made.



Not to worry, Maira is a non-stop talker and had lots of wind to blow out the candle, even though she had to do it from a distance! We played "pin the tongue on the frog", "toss the frog on the lily pad", and we had a frog jumping race with little plastic jumping frogs. We had lots of fun! I'm so glad she decided to have a frog birthday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maira,
I'm so glad you had fun at your party. Mommy did a great job on the cake and decorations. I think your friends were having fun, too!
Love and hugs, Grandma

Barbara said...

Kristin! You are a "super Mom". Your creativity and all the energy you must have put into that party for Maira is amazing. You probably won't remember me, but I do check your blog now and then. Steve knew me as Aunt Barb and I'm married to Uncle Lee. We worked with his parents in the Amazon. God bless you guys! Love