Monday, April 23, 2007

Herberth's Wedding continued

We had an agreement before the wedding...if the kids did everything just right, they would get a present when the wedding was over. So, this is not an approved method according to Growing Kid's God's Way or the Nanny, but I wanted a guarantee! I promise this is not a method I use in day-to-day parenting! Actually, I wasn't worried at all about Michael, but Maira told me she was embarrassed weeks ahead of time. She was responsible for taking the rings down the isle right in the middle of the ceremony and she had to do this all by herself! I was very worried!

Michael as he is about to walk down the isle....he's not worried a bit!
I was so nervous during most of the ceremony as I wondered if Maira would really bring the rings down the isle! She had to stay out in the lobby for most of the ceremony and I couldn't be with her. What a relief to see her walking down the isle and actually smiling once she got a look at Uncle Herberth! And she didn't run! As she was being helped onto the bench after giving the rings to the pastor, she said, "I did it!". I think she was just as pleasantly surprised as I was!

Here she is giving the rings to the pastor.
So here is Herberth and Carla...just in case anyone was interested in seeing them! Ha, ha, ha!

No comments: