Saturday, September 02, 2006

New friendships


It is truly amazing to see 340 people of all different ages, backgrounds, and interests come together for 10 days of waking up at 5am, getting to bed at midnight (or later), and sleeping on thin mats all for the common goal of telling others about Jesus and His love for us. We came back exhausted, excited, and full of plans for the next project! Even better than the new friendships formed are the new names in the Book of Life as a result of our time spent in Bahia. We are confident that God had prepared hearts in Bahia. Not so that we could come home and present to our churches large numbers representing people who were saved, but for our own personal growth. He gave us the priviledge to take part in introducing others to Christ. He doesn't need us, but He chooses to let us take part by sharing His love with others. He even chooses to use those who speak with an accent and don't say everything perfect in Portuguese (smile). Thank you to all who prayed for us and for our children during this project. We are forever changed and grateful because of our time in Bahia. P.S. Steve and I have put in the request to be placed on the same team next year!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can I not have the expresso drink and we share chocolate milk instead? Frosty? Blizzard? Grape soda? My treat!
I love you T

Anonymous said...

Kristin, you are doing an amazing job with this blogsite. I have really enjoyed hearing (and seeing) the details of your evangelistic trip with all of the pictures too. I showed Gram on her computer and now she can check it too! Love you, Mom VB

Pauline said...

Kristin, this is a very nice site! Thank you so much for sharing it with us.. I'll check often") How nice to see your whole family and hear of your work. May the Lord continue to bless your ministry and your family.

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited that you set up this site! I really enjoyed going back through all of the posts and reading about your summer and how God has worked. I will visit often! You guys are in my prayers everyday; God bless you and the ministry!