Saturday, September 02, 2006

The story of Jesus


Yes, the picture is crooked, but it is the only one I have that shows that I actually did something! The guy in blue is Daniel who helped me with the story. I used the story of "Benjamin's Box" to tell the story of Jesus. I had a friend of mine paint a big styrofoam cooler to look like a treasure chest. Then I filled it with the items from the story: hay, palm branches, cup, olive branch, leather strip, crown of thorns, spear, white cloth, and stone. Daniel played the part of a boy who grew up in Jerusalem and had put these items in his treasure box to remind him of what he saw. I interviewed Daniel and had different kids come up and pull items out of the treasure chest (with guidance so that the items were in the right order to tell the story!). It went very well and kept the attention of the kids.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic trip! They will never forget the experience of hearing God's word from missionaries. I'm sure you WILL see many of these precious souls again in heaven. Love, Mom